link to Home Page

Re: Regarding Planet X Debate...

In article <3c09ad3.0203021854.5472bd87@posting.google.com>, Sarah Mc wrote:

> BD wrote in message news:bd-0203021022550001@10.0.0.2
>> You've hit it right on the head. The responses on this board to zetatalk
>> show an extreme level of fear/arrogance and outright nastiness.
>
> No, they show an educated number of people who aren't taken in by bad
> science/astronomy and a cult mentality. Nastiness begets nastiness,
> btw.
>
>> These people have no idea whether anything nancy says is true or not.
>
> I beg your pardon. Apparently you haven't followed the threads long
> enough, nor have you bothered to check up on some of her assertions,
> or check things out yourself.
>
>> They only know much of it goes against 'modern' thought which gives them
>> the excuse to ridicule and condemn.
>
> We're know much more than that. If you state a light bulb is off when
> it's really on, and a hundred people see that is on, you don't feel
> you're open to being criticized? No one is more open to new ideas and
> theories than the scientific community - if they pass the tests for
> predictions and accuracy.
>
>> Reading this board it would appear that the anti-nancy crowd is
>> the real cult protecting their own intellectual dogma and scared to death
>> that if even a little of what the 'zeta's' say is true - their world
>> will come tumbling down around them.
>
> Ah, the cult speaks now. I was wondering when you were going to try
> and turn the facts around to avoid the issue, and to point fingers
> rather than show proof. You've failed at both. Go back to TT-watch and
> bow down to Nancy, you're out of your league here.
> A good majority of this board is made up of amateur astronomers, who
> would like nothing more than to go down in the books as discovering
> such a planet. I would think that professionals as well would adhere
> to that notion. Your premise is flawed, and in fact was an attempt to
> divert the issue at hand.
>
>> Perhaps the real laugher here is that many of these people are christians
>> who firmly believe 'god' had sex with a 13yr. old virgin who turned around
>> and gave birth to the same guy she just had sex with. And if you don't
>> believe that, you will burn in a lake of fire forever. - But zetatalk is
>> crazy.
>
> I think you have your statement backwards.
>
> There's a difference between faith and science, contrary to the
> new-age doctrine that they are the same. Or are all scientists,
> technicians and astronomers Christian? You make a poor attempt at
> logic, and a failed attempt to make a point.
>
> If anything, the ZetaCult is the one running on faith, while the
> skeptics here are the ones looking for the proof through all the
> garbage that Nancy posts. I say again, you have your statement
> backwards.
>
> If you want answers:
>
> Ask her why she edits her web pages of "ZetaTalk" history to reflect
> the current situation, similar to rewritting the bible on a weekly
> basis.

> [...]
    Sarah, take a hit and relax, I didn't mean to blow your circuits.
First off, as smart as you may be, you have little knowledge of what I'm about.
Secondly, it is only dull, cowardly people who cling to so-called science
and condemn that which they really have no knowledge of. I promise you,
every scientific 'certainty' you now cling to will be blown to bits within
the relatively near future. In 10 years, most of what you think you know
will be no different than what the lay science community thought was true
back a few hundred years when they 'knew' the earth was flat. You don't know diddle, but,
like many on this board, you speak as if every word from your mouth were
'god's' own 'scientific' truth. In other words sarah, I'm trying to help
you to see your folly. It doesn't matter what zetatalk is or isn't, you
don't know what's going on and perhaps you should stop pretending like you
do.
     But let's be more specific. Are you saying that Planet X doesn't exist?
Are you saying that NASA never claimed to believe there was a 10th planet
out there? Are you saying that in 1983 NASA didn't put out a PR saying it
was now certain that a 10th planet existed? Are you saying that from the
early 30's and maybe prior that the scientific community wasn't discussing the
possibility/probability that a 10th planet was real? Planet X has become a
bit of an icon in american culture from movies to books to comic books
(monsters from planet x) to discussion within the scientific community. Only after NASA
certified the existence of Planet X did the ridicule start. Was that
because they began to realize it's trajectory and they felt the need to
retract their previous claims? Sounds a little like Roswell - first we
claim it's true (the u.s. military), then when we realize what we've done,
we begin the ridicule campaign and threaten death to anyone who speaks up.
OH no, I've let the cat out of the bag, I must be just another kook;
everyone 'knows' Roswell was just a weather balloon.
    Sarah, my advice to you is to sit back, relax, open your mind and try
to clear out all those conclusions you've formed which are now blocking
your ability to see ahead. If you don't believe Planet X will be here in
2003 that's o.k. (I'm not saying it will ), but to bring up stuff like
jonestown is really a dis-service to the questions at hand.

BD