link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: HEAT from NASA et al

Wally Anglesea wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:20:56 -0600 (MDT), ravell@webtv.net wrote:
>
>> http://www.prep2003.com/scan/
>> It's not a hoax.   It was scanned from an actual encyclopedia.
>> The text IS related to the image.  The image is showing the path of
>> Pioneer 10 and 11.  The fact that it was trying to find a dead sun and
>> 10th planet was obviously understood, i.e. no explanation necessary
>
> Utter bullshit. There's no text related to it. My guess, some idiot
> probably "photoshoped" the new inset in.

I see no reason to think that anything was altered.

ravell@webtv.net wrote:
> Notice how the distances match what Neugebauer and others in
> the 1983 articles speculated about the distant unknown object(s).

I don't know who Neugebauer is/was or what he and others
wrote, but it is completely implausible that they could have
been ignorant of Pioneer 10 and 11's search for planets or
small stars in the extreme outer Solar System.  I believe that
1983 is when the "Death Star" hypothesis was put forward as a
possible cause of comets being perturbed out of the Oort Cloud,
toward the Sun, at 26-million-year intervals, hitting Earth,
leading to mass extinctions.  As far as I know, however, the
27-million-year periodicity is based on just three extinction
events, dated only approximately, so is itself *extremely*
hypothetical.

In any case, the figures in the encyclopedia illustration were
probably copied directly from NASA or JPL information, or the
illustration itself may have been put out by NASA or JPL.  The
writers in 1983 were undoubtedly familiar with those figures,
and could even have taken them from this very illustration.

No big deal.  Not even a little deal.

  -- Jeff, in Minneapolis