link to Home Page

Re: Planet X Animated GIF

In Article <c6cdf9f8.0205061436.7426b404@posting.google.com> Open Minded wrote:
> Steve Havas wrote:
>> There was never a problem operating the "image selection
>> mechanisms", the images were simply not available for
>> viewing, ie. serious astrometry errors
>
> the "serious astronometry errors" refers to the quality of
> plate solutions on the PSS images, it has nothing to do
> with images being available for viewing.

Wrong, Open Minded.  We're talking NEAT images here, not PSS. The issue
Steve reported with the NEAT images was that a PORTION of the image was
viewable, and a PORTION not viewable. In particular, the .FITS file, per
Steve's report (and he made this image available for ALL to do their own
checking, at the URL noted below), has "most of the data is missing or
all the same repeating sequences in large chunks".  How did YOU, Open
Minded, view and make available on YOUR web site this Dec 16, 2001 NEAT
image if Steve found it in this shape?